IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH HEREIN PLEASE DO NOT USE THE SERVICES.
At Signals Analytics Inc. ("Signals" or "we"), Privacy is of great concern. We try to extend to our users the same level of privacy that we demand from other websites. This policy applies to all of the software, services, information, tools, features and functionality available on the Services offered by Signals or its subsidiaries or affiliated companies (collectively, the "Services") and covers how personally identifiable information ("PII") that Signals collects and receives, including in respect of any use of the Services, is treated. If you have any questions about this policy, please feel free to contact us at: email@example.com.
2. Information We Collect and How We Use It
In order to provide our Services, we may collect the following types of information:
· Information you provide. Upon registration to the Services we ask you for personal information of a contact person, including: name, email address, job title or a phone number.
· Third Parties. We collect information from various third party data sources, both public and private. Signals relies on the policies and representations of these sources. If you believe that your information has been provided without your consent, please contact us at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, contact information, a detailed description of the subject matter information and any relevant proof to your claim.
· Personal information. Inquiry forms, such as information requests, or site registration, collect information that is securely stored and that will only be used to direct you to the resources you seek. This may include follow up by one of our associates to answer questions you may have. We ask only for PII that is adequate, relevant and not excessive for the purposes set forth herein. Some of these purposes may include to inform you of new services and features we will be providing, to send you requested information and additional materials in respect of the Services, for promotional purposes and market research, and internally to help us improve our Services and to help resolve any problems.
· User information. When you use our Services, we may automatically receive and record information from your device, documents and browser, your IP address, cookie information, your regional and language settings and software and hardware attributes. Our systems may automatically record and store technical information regarding the method and nature of your use of the Services, including without limitation which pages or widgets of the Services our visitors view, what content they watched, impressions and any actions they make in the Services. We use your IP address to help with server problem diagnosis and to administer the Services. An IP address is a numeric code that identifies your device on a network, or in this case, the Internet. Your IP address is also used to gather broad demographic information. We may also perform IP lookups to determine which domain you are coming from (i.e: aol.com, yourcompany.com) to more accurately gauge our users' demographics.
· Traffic Analysis. In addition to the information we collect as described above, we may use technology to collect information about the use of the Services. For example, our systems may automatically record and store browser information, search history, exit point, use time, platform type, operating system information, number of clicks and cookies. This technology does not identify you personally, it simply enables us to compile statistics about our visitors and their use of the Services. The Services contain hyperlinks to other pages, widgets and features on the Services. We may use technology to track how often these links are used and which pages, widgets and features of the Services our visitors choose to view.
You may choose to opt out from Google Analytics by downloading and installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on here.
For information about opting out of Interest-Based-Advertising, visit the NAI site here.
· User communications. When you send emails or other communication to Signals, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our Services. We may also send you newsletters and promotional communications, you may opt-out of this service at any time by submitting a request at the following link: email@example.com
· Links. The Signals Services contain links to other websites & internet resources as a convenience to our customers. Signals is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these other websites & internet resources. This privacy statement applies solely to PII collected by us.
· Children. If you are a child under the age of 18, you must obtain parental consent prior to using our Services. Signals will not knowingly contact or engage with children under the age of 18 without said parental consent. If you have reason to believe that a child has provided us with their PII, please contact us at the address given above and we will endeavor to delete that PII from our databases.
· Maintenance. Signals uses the PII that you provide or that we collect to operate, maintain, enhance, and provide the Services.
· Analysis. Signals uses all of the PII that we collect to understand the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the way the Services work and look, and to create new features and functionality.
3. Information sharing
Signals only shares PII with other companies or individuals in the following limited circumstances:
· As required for the provision of the Services.
· We have your consent.
· We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive PII.
· We provide PII to our affiliates or other trusted businesses or persons for the purpose of processing PII on our behalf in Israel, Ireland, the U.S. and/or any other jurisdiction worldwide. We require that these parties agree to process such PII based on our instructions and in compliance with this notice and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
· We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such PII is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable agreements and/or their terms, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of Signals, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
· If we become involved in a merger, acquisition, or any form of sale of some or all of our assets.
· If we obtain assurances from our agents that they will safeguard PII through measures consistent with this policy. Where we have knowledge that an agent is using or disclosing PII in a manner contrary to this policy, we take commercially reasonable steps to prevent or stop the unauthorized use or disclosure.
4. Information security
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of PII. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your PII, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
· We strive to maintain the reliability, accuracy, completeness and currency of PII that we collect and to protect the privacy and security of our users. We keep your PII only for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with any applicable legal or ethical reporting or document retention requirements.
· We limit access to PII about you to employees, contractors and agents who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that PII. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
· We have physical, electronic, and procedural security measures and safeguards to reasonably protect PII. Our servers and our databases are protected by industry standard security technology, such as industry standard firewalls and password protection.
· Although we cannot guarantee against any loss, misuse, unauthorized disclosure, alteration or destruction of data, we try to prevent such unfortunate occurrences.
5. Data integrity, accessing and updating personal information
Signals processes PII only for the purposes for which it was collected and in accordance with this Policy or any applicable service agreements. We review our data collection, storage and processing practices to ensure that we only collect, store and process the PII needed to provide or improve our Services. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the PII we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on our users to update or correct their PII whenever necessary. Nothing in this policy is interpreted as an obligation to store information, and we may, at our own discretion, delete or avoid from recording and storing any and all information.
· Upon receipt of your written request and enough information to permit us to identify your PII, we will disclose to you the PII we hold about you. Upon your request, we will also correct, amend or delete any PII that is inaccurate and notify any third party who received this PII from us of the necessary changes.
· We do not charge for complying with a correction request, however, for all other requests, we may charge a small fee to cover its costs. Requests to delete PII are subject to any applicable legal and ethical reporting or document retention obligations imposed on Signals.
· We ask individual users to identify themselves and the PII requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required.
Signals regularly reviews its compliance with this policy. Please feel free to direct any questions or concerns regarding this policy or our treatment of PII by contacting us as provided above. When we receive formal written complaints it is Signals' policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of PII that cannot be resolved between Signals and an individual.
Signals may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat PII by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your account or by placing a prominent notice on the Services.
8. Consent To Processing
By providing any PII to us pursuant to this policy, all users, including, without limitation, users in the United States, Israel and member states of the European Union, fully understand and unambiguously consent to this policy and to the collection and processing of such PII abroad. The server on which the Services are hosted and/or through which the Services are processed may be outside the country from which you access the Services and may be outside your country of residence. Some of the uses and disclosures mentioned in this policy may involve the transfer of your PII to various countries around the world that may have different levels of privacy protection than your country. By submitting your PII through the Services, you consent, acknowledge, and agree that we may collect, use, transfer, and disclose your PII as described in this policy. If you do not consent to the terms of this policy, please do not use the Services.
If you have any questions about this policy, concerns about the way we process your PII, or if you wish to delete all information regarding your use of the Services please contact us at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Your California Privacy Rights and Do Not Track Notices
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of Signals who are California residents to request certain information regarding its disclosure of PII to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to mailto:email@example.com. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year. You are also advised that Signals does not respond to “Do Not Track” signals.
Last update on January 29, 2017.